Terms and Conditions of Sale
- These standard terms and conditions of trading apply to all sales made and services supplied by us and to all agreements entered into by us, unless they are and any terms contained in them, are expressly excluded by any other written agreement between the parties and signed by both of them. No amendment or aberrations shall be effective unless made in writing and signed by both parties.
- For a supply and installation service, payment is required on the day installation or delivery unless otherwise agreed in writing. For supply only services, payment is required prior to order processing and shipment.
- All prices are subject to alteration without notice. For offline purchases, goods are invoiced at price ruling at the date of dispatch. Installation and additional services are invoiced at the date the last service is performed and orders are deemed to be placed and accepted on this basis. Supply only and website prices are subject to variation and stock availability. Prices & offers are valid for a limited time only.
- For online & offline services, our estimated delivery dates are subjected to stock, courier, driver and servicing availability. Delivery dates should be considered as a time estimation and in the event of date fluctuation, we will not be liable in any manner for losses arising in the event that goods are not delivered or services are not performed on the estimated date. This also applies in the event of non-delivery or non-performance. Our obligation and liability shall be limited to the refund of any monies prepaid by the customer.
- All water softeners are supplied with a manufacturer’s warranty; the warranty value and time frame will vary depending on the product’s brand, make and model.
- Drinking water systems can be installed or purchased at an additional and independent cost. For single tank water softeners, isolating a hard water feed for drinking, or purchasing a drinking water system is recommended. This may also be recommended, depending on the hardness of your water. Please discuss this with your NEWS representative prior to the installation or purchase.
- Upon the completion of installation, NEWS accepts no further liability with regards to the drinking water supply, unless a separate drinking water filter has also been installed.
- NEWS do not accept any liability with regards to any changes in the quality of water which is supplied by the Local Water Provider; the hardness of the water can vary depending on the supply.
- The ownership and title to all goods supplied by us, including materials fitted or supplied in the course of services, shall be retained by us until the cost of the goods and services has been paid to us in full. This also applies in the event that payment is made by cheque or any negotiable instrument, whereby payment must be cleared by the paying bank. Until this condition is met, we will be at liberty to take possession of any goods or materials supplied at our sole discretion. In the event of non-payment, the customer hereby irrevocably authorises us to have access to the location of such goods in order to take possession of them. NEWS reserves the right to remove any stock or products which have not been fully paid for and charge a fee of £200.00 for the removal service.
- All statements, conditions or warranties with regards to the quality of any goods ordered, services provided and condition of goods for any given purpose, whether express or implied by law or otherwise, are expressly excluded to the extent permitted by law.
Stock Items for Sale via the Website
- All products sold online are subject to availability.
- Online prices and offers can fluctuate and are valid for a limited time only. NEWS has the right to remove and change online prices at any given time.
- NEWS offer free delivery on items within UK mainland only. Delivery to islands, Ireland or the EU are subject to additional courier fees and delivery charges.
- The 1-3 day express delivery service is an estimated time period which is subject to changes and delays depending on stock, courier availability, weather and other external factors.
- We do not offer a returns policy for stock items ordered unless the following applies:
- As sellers, we have the right to cancel a customers order at any time.
- The return reason is due to an error made by NEWS, whereby we will refund the item and the delivery charges.
- The purchased item is faulty or damaged. In the event of a damaged or fault product, the customer must contact our customer service and returns team within 3 working days of delivery. In this event, a replacement or refund will be arranged.
- We will not accept any returns unless authorised prior with a member of staff. We will not accept any returned items without prior notification. Authorised returns are at the cost of the individual and are subject to a surcharge and restock fee, of a minimum value of 15%. If the goods are undamaged, the customer must also pay the returns delivery charge.
- Customers must take care to ensure they order the correct items online, North East Water Softeners Ltd are not responsible in the event of incorrect items being ordered. To avoid incorrect items being ordered, NEWS will be available for customers to call for free advice an any uncertainties or concerns.
- In the case of a return or repair, warranted goods a valid invoice must be produced. We will not accept any goods for repair or replacement without a valid North East Water Softeners Ltd invoice, which will have been received upon original order & purchase. The repair or replacement of goods is at the discretion of North East Water Softeners Ltd.
- The manufacturer warranty for all water softeners is for parts only. The warranty does not cover labour. If a water softener has a fault, this should be registered with North East Water Softeners Ltd or the manufacturer, in addition to the warranty documentation, the date of purchase and serial number of the product.
- In the event a repair or if a water softener displays a fault that is not possible to fix on site, the softener must be disconnected and boxed up, and sent back to North East Water Softeners. In this event, all carriage costs will be paid by North East Water Softeners. If the softener cannot be fixed, a replacement softener will be dispatched.